The vaguely green-fingered thoughts of a rambling rose.

September colour

The end of the Summer is definitely here. The nights are fast drawing in, and the temperatures are dropping like a stone as soon as the last rays of any sunshine dips down behind the trees.

The garden seems to be giving one last burst of colour before it falls prey to the chilly nights and frosty mornings.

I'm going to let the plants themselves do the talking:














I didn't seem to have a great deal of fortune with my gifted Brugmansia, as the leaves kept being eaten. Maybe next year.


We've managed to have the gates, railings and the tops of the walls finished off this weekend. I'm so pleased with the result. The Man That Can is walking around with a big cheesy grin on his face, as he's pleased as punch too. The boys are thrilled with the gates as they have taken on the responsibility of opening and closing them when we go out, and return. I wonder how long before the novelty wears off!


I've added this little clematis bud simply because it is the very first attempt at flowering in the three years we've grown it. I just hope it manages to open before the frosts get it.


And finally, a brief look to the future. I've bought some tiny violas to grow in the hanging baskets again either side of the front door. They performed brilliantly through the cooler months previously.


All I need now is a couple of hours to get them planted up and the old bedding composted.

No comments:

Post a Comment