The vaguely green-fingered thoughts of a rambling rose.

Autumn - Where each leaf is a colourful flower.

October gave a party;
The leaves by hundreds came -
The Chestnuts, Oaks, and Maples,
And leaves of every name.
The Sunshine spread a carpet,
And everything was grand,
Miss Weather led the dancing,
Professor Wind the band.

~George Cooper, "October's Party"

 
I'll begin this record with an update on a couple of plants I blogged about last month.
The Violas have now been planted up and are for the moment hung outside the back door while they settle in and find their roots.
 
 

 And the long-awaited flower on the clematis has burst forth. What a stunning colour!


Talking of colour, the sedums are still packing a punch with their tiny star-filled blooms



The little dog checking out the new gates. Both dogs really enjoy the new-found freedom of the front garden while I potter about, safe in the knowledge neither can escape or bite a passer-by.


Astrantia Major purpurea 'Ruby Wedding' enjoying my heavy soil in partial shade. I'm going to leave these to self-seed.


Rosa 'Pascali' coming back into flower. The books say it's lightly fragrant, but sadly I cannot detect anything. Shame really it would be the perfect Yorkshire Rose.


I rather like Autumn. Misty mornings and colourful sunsets. The sickly-sweet perfume of fallen leaves, perfect for kicking through as a child before the gardener in me returns and sets to collect them all to compost into valuable leaf-mould. Happy Gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment