The vaguely green-fingered thoughts of a rambling rose.

June

Just when you thought it was safe to relax in the garden with a glass of something you fancy and enjoy the sensory month of freshly mown lawns, the swifts screeching and the colourful blooms of the season, out of the corner of you eye you spot something out of place.  A weed.  A flower that needs deadheading.  Aphids on a tight rosebud.

Does a gardener ever really stop for very long to enjoy their hard work? 

I think that might be why I like to record it in my blog.  I can then look back and compare with previous years and help to plan for the future.


























Exams are almost over, so I'll be able to give the garden the TLC it deserves soon.  I have noticed however that this years' flowers appear to be smaller than usual.  I'm not sure if that has resulted from my neglect or the weather.  Something to look back on in the future?

No comments:

Post a Comment