The vaguely green-fingered thoughts of a rambling rose.

February chill


While we were in Cambodia, the UK apparently enjoyed a heat wave and Storm Doris. 

On our return I was itching to get outside to look for any changes; I was not disappointed. 




All the snowdrops are flowering. I'm embarrassed to admit I do not recall any of the variety names, nor those of my earliest narcissi below.






There are plenty of hellebores still in flower, even those which were divided last month!







Despite it being so cold this week (2-7c average), so much colour is appearing in the garden.







And there are hints of what is to come:


Sambuccus nigra 



Bergenia 




Tulips




Daylilies 



Rosettes of sedum



Yet more tulips.


And a clump of white astrantia.  These need splitting along with the neighbouring pink clump next month.

I won a dibber that arrived the day we flew out so was unable to share the photo until now.  I had it personalised for my lovely husband.




No comments:

Post a Comment